Cloud IT Administrator, Remote
Authorized to work in U.S. without current/future visa sponsorship.
The Nurocor Clinical Platform (NCP) is a modern microservice-based architecture combining both Java and Node.js components deployed and managed within a Kubernetes/Docker-based runtime environment. This role is responsible for system administration services, including efficient use of software/hardware, and troubleshooting system/storage/network problems. Understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework, as well as Kubernetes/Rancher, is required. In addition, there are opportunities for GitOps tools development in support of automated platform deployment.
- Deploy the release of new product components and supporting technologies, installing, configuring, maintaining, and performing system integration testing of Linux/server operating systems, related utilities, and runtime containers within AWS environments.
- Responsible for troubleshooting server problems as reported by users.
- Configure virtual networks.
- Configure and manage Kubernetes-based product deployments.
- Develop tools (including script development) and processes for automated deployment and management of services running on Linux servers.
- Maintain systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Monitor reporting/alarming tools and acting upon resulting notifications to ensure system health.
- Develop and maintain Linux-based instances supporting web applications, middleware, and backend applications.
- Atlassian tool suite: Service Desk, Jira, Confluence
- Jenkins (to be replaced with GitLab CI/CD)
- SSO IDP integrations
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities
- Desired technologies:
- Specific AWS services:
- Good understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework.
- Experience working in AWS using the CLI and management console.
- Knowledge and experience configuring virtual private clouds (VPCs).
- Familiarity with Jenkins and GitLab in support of manual and automated deployment activities.
- Kubernetes/Docker-based deployments, including use of Rancher to configure and manage such deployments.
- Knowledge of programming languages, including Perl, Python, and shell scripting.
- Knowledge of and experience with implementation of vulnerability remediation strategies, including configuration and execution of vulnerability and web application scans.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated abilities to effectively collaborate with customers and team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; salary commensurate with experience.
- Experience troubleshooting systems using administrator and service accounts.
- Experience with automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening.