Software Quality Assurance Engineer – Remote
Authorized to work in U.S. without current/future visa sponsorship.
Nurocor is seeking candidates for a Quality Assurance Engineer position. The primary responsibility of this position is to collaborate with the Nurocor development team in building and executing manual and automated test suites for purposes of validating Nurocor products. Manual test cases are to be developed and executed for new product feature development and bugfix validation as part of the product release delivery cycle. Automated test cases are to be developed to provide product regression testing coverage at the UI (Cypress) and API (Postman, SOAPUI) levels. The position is full-time and remote, with daily collaboration through Microsoft Teams and the Atlassian product suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence).
- Managing test environments including installation, configuration, and creation of relevant test datasets.
- Creating and executing detailed manual and automated test cases to verify new and existing functionality; for example, regression testing and product functionality.
- Documenting product issues discovered during the testing process for resolution by development engineers and verifying correct product operation after the necessary code changes are made to resolve such issues.
- Performing peer reviews of manual and automated test cases to confirm alignment with best practices and to insure full test coverage for product requirements.
- Recommending product enhancements and usability improvements with the goal of improving user experience.
- Front End Testing: Cypress, Zephyr Scale/Test Manager.
- API Testing: SoapUI, Postman.
- APIs: GraphQL and REST.
- Data Stores: Arango DB, Elasticsearch, and PostgreSQL.
- APIs: GraphQL and REST.
- Other: Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, and the Atlassian product suite.
- Ability to understand complex systems and dependencies within a microservices architecture.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand software capabilities from the customer point of view.
- Detail-oriented; able to effectively document both high-level scenarios and fine-grained testing requirements within such scenarios.
- Flexibility to rapidly adjust plans to changing business needs.
- Strong collaboration skills within and across teams.
- Independent worker with ability and desire to quickly learn product capabilities and to formulate test strategies and plans that effectively validate correct product operation.
- Familiarity with API development/testing.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Experience: Minimum of five years of experience with manual and automated QA testing.